Thursday 27 June 2013

Meet Our New Fashion Intern...






Life as a Fashion intern....

First time We meet our lovely  intern Alka was about a month ago when she pop in at our signature store to drop off her creative portfolio. We were super busy so we didn't really chat much but I'm glad we kept her portfolio. I've watch the movie "Devil wears Prada" so many times and I've read alot of stories about fashion internships turning into nightmares but I'm happy Alka found a warm home with us for the next 5 weeks, looking forward to her learning and growing creatively in the fashion industry... Here's how her 1st week went...

Tell us about you in short...
I'm  a 21 year old girl from Durban currently studying for my degree in fashion design. I love ice skating, drawing, the beach and have a passion for fashion.
Bianca and Alka at the KZN Fashion council fashion show

How was your 1st day at BWD?
I was nervous at first but Bianca and her team made me feel so welcomed and apart of their wonderful family. They gave me a run down on how things work and operate at Bianca's boutique. On my first night I attended the KZN Fashion Council Fashion Show. OMG...it was amazing! Just from one night I learn't so much. That was one night I will never forget.:)
( photo about )


Describe your personal style, designing style and what inspires you?
My personal style mmmm........I have a feminine ladylike style.lol I love dresses and denim jeans:).
My design style, I love designing evening wear! I get my inspiration from everything around me. The beach and nature influences me the most.
Alka working on our invited designer show stopper for the Vodacom Durban July

What are your favourite items in store?

1. White chiffon drape top
2. long low back fishtale evening dress in a midnight sequins fabric


What's on your wish list
One day to have my very own boutique.:)

Well we trust you will have an fabulous time with us :)
Alka and Apiwe

Love the team at BWD.










No comments:

Post a Comment